The Adventures of Anne: a semi-retired bookkeeper, mother of 4, grandmother of several, recently widowed

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Springtime in Wisconsin

Here we are at the 21st of May and the weather has finally become beautiful. I have taken walks around town just to gaze at the blossoming trees. They have never been so lovely in my memory. I think the winter snow helped make the trees as beautiful as ever. The limbs were heavily laden with pink, white, and lavender blossoms. The lilacs have a special deep color this year. The redbud trees will soon lose their flowers and sprout leaves. Ah, what a lovely season to be here.

I had a call tonight from my contractor. He plans to be here early in the morning to start on the work we discussed last year. I have asked him to tuck point all the foundation and replace any window sills that need it (cellar windows). When he is finished that, he will fix the walkway between the house and garage. It sank an inch or so over the winter. I want him to replace the ceiling in the office (Paul's bedroom) when he has a rainy day and needs work. The roofer was going to do it, but will pay to have it done by whomever I choose. Mark does very nice work. He fixed the front porch last year while I was away.

June is creeping upon us and I am looking forward to a visit West. Haven't seen little Kate since the beginning of the year and I can just imagine how much she has grown, both in stature and vocabulary.

Memorial Day will be celebrated on Monday. Let us never forget the deeds of those who did so much to keep us free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home