The Adventures of Anne: a semi-retired bookkeeper, mother of 4, grandmother of several, recently widowed

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Beautiful Fall - November 3, 2007

The weather has been lovely the past week. Rather nice to see the leaves turning to reds and golds before they dance down on to the lawn. The new roof is on, but the trim will be put on next week. After that, the ceiling in Paul's bedroom will be replastered, as part of the slanted wall came down after the rain penetrated the tarp covering the house before the shingles were put on. Such is life!!!! Now that I have started, I will continue to clean out that room. Dad's office is still just as it was when he retired just before his stroke. Too many things were let go while I cared for him during his last years.

Went shopping today to take advantage of special sale at Hallmark Store in Beaver Dam. Took Marlo G. and we had a nice lunch at Applebee's prior to shopping. Now I will get all that wrapped and mailed before my next trip. On the way home, we took a quick turn and went to visit Mary Hickey in her new apartment. She was delighted to have visitors. Their new place overlooks Beaver Dam Lake and I am sure it will be a cold place being on the windy side of the building and East side of the lake.
After a year in Hillside Manor, she is so happy to be HOME again.

Bridge marathon date set for Monday, so the boss said I could take the afternoon off. Our opponents are two men who seem to have been lost when the men's marathon disbanded. They asked if they could play in the women's marathon and we said they could. Mr. Fritchen and Mr. Purvis are quite a pair and usually have great cards. We shall see how they make out this time around.

Last Tuesday I bowled with my new ball which is two pounds lighter than the old one. I have been feeling so tired that I knew it was time to bowl with a lighter ball. I did okay for the first time and I wasn't as tired when I got home. I just hope I can pick up my scores and maintain my average, which is about 150 generally.

Don't forget to set your clocks back one hour tonight before you go to bed, that is, unless you want to stay up until 2 AM and then do it. lol.

Mom

1 Comments:

Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Nice post, Mom. Glad you finally got your new bowling ball. I expect a 300 game soon!!

Didn't realize that Paul's old room/Dad's office got rain damage because of the tarps.

Me thinks that Andy isn't going to like you much. He's not making any profit if he has to pay the damages.

Guess that's why they have insurance companies...

With a house it's always something....I've decided that you don't own a house....it truly owns you....about this time in my life, an apartment is looking pretty good....they're talking gas at $4/gal next summer...yada, yada, yada...I think that the oil companies should just set the price of gas at a permanent $1.75/gal and be done with it. It'd be a huge boon to the economy about now....a recession, I think, is looming large.

The septic pump went out and needs to be fixed and the wind blew out a window....that I had to board up this morning before coming to work....

Sometimes I think it'd be best if the cyclone in the Wizard of Oz just took the house....maybe the portion of Oz would be much more colorful than the black and white world I live in now....

But...it is what it is and the septic will get fixed as well as the window....someday. For now, they're fine.

Peggy :)

11/06/2007 10:20:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home