The Adventures of Anne: a semi-retired bookkeeper, mother of 4, grandmother of several, recently widowed

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Home again

After two wonderful weeks in CA with son and his family, I came home on Wednesday. Flights were smooth and I slept most of the way back, knowing what I had to do when I arrived. After dinner out with Wanda and a trip to the grocery store, I spent the evening going through and taking care of ALL the first class mail that Peggy had sorted for me. Paid all the bills and then went to bed, exhausted. Since then, I have gotten back on the ususal schedule of volunteering, etc. and did work on Thursday to try to catch up my boss after my absence. Stayed until mid afternoon and took the rest of the work home. Got it all out in the mail on Friday AM.

There have been workmen in the area working on the sewers in our town. What a mess the streets near me are and the digging creates some unusual traffic patterns for me. I have to go three blocks west, two blocks north, then back the three blocks plus three more to get to the PO and bank. With gas as high as it is, I wish I could just walk, but that is even more trecherous with the deep trenches that have been dug for curbs and gutters. Hopefully, the job will be done soon in my vicinity, but the whole projsct is supposed to be completed by Nov. 1. Yeah!!!

I called the roofer tonight. He is working on one roof now, there is one leaking that is next, then comes my roof. Please pray for a long dry spell so that they can get this job done. I have been waiting since November for this!!! (I waited 9 months for each of the children, so this is lots shorter.)

Weather here is nice and warm, but there must have been quite a big blow in my absence. A tree in the back corner (near the lilacs and rhubarb) was toppled over to about a 45 degree angle. My neighbor and a friend of his have been working all weekend to get it down, so that the phone lines would not get disturbed. Only the main trunk remains to be sawed apart. The smaller branches are out at the curb in front of my neighbor's home. Such excitement!

Have caught up on sleep since coming home, so I can get back to work tomorrow.

Good night, all.
Mom

2 Comments:

Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Glad you're home safe and sound!!

I still think that the roofer guy is jerking you around. You're way too patient.

I would have moved on to the next bid. He's obviously not excited about working for you, Mom.

Your porch does look nice though. Mark did a great job for you.

Your road does SUCK the big one....I thought that part of the work (involving 16/60) should be done by July.....at least according to DOT's web site.

Isn't there any way you can just go over toward Salzwedels' house and walk up in front of Toby's house to get to the post office or are there really big ruts there, too?

What are they doing? Increasing the sewer system so they can charge the citizens of Columbus more exhorbitant water costs? They already charge you based on a 40,000 community....so are they just going for a 100,000 person community? That MIGHT happen by the year 2500.....*lol*

Well....you have a good day.....

Paul's photographer friend is coming over today.....should be fun.....it's probably way too hot....but I'm looking forward to it.....

See ya!!

6/26/2007 02:47:00 PM

 
Blogger AnneGero said...

Peggy,
I called the roofer. He was working on one job, then had a leaking roof to do, then mine. He said it could possibly be this Friday or next Monday. Pray for dry weather.
Mom

6/27/2007 09:59:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home