The Adventures of Anne: a semi-retired bookkeeper, mother of 4, grandmother of several, recently widowed

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Good things do happen

Ever since I was notified that I was to be a juror, I have become somewhat weary with the job I had to do. The summons came for me to serve for a two day trial March 1 and 2. With the weather we have been having and the weather that is predicted for tomorrow and Friday, I have been thinking and praying that something will happen that I do not have to go. Well, my prayers were answered. When I called today to see if I HAD to drive to Portage, I was told that the case was resolved!!! You can be sure I was certainly relieved. Now I can participate in the World Day of Prayer, as scheduled for Friday, without having a stand-in. Maybe I was worried needlessly, but I will still have to serve through March, when notified two weeks in advance, on a jury. C'est la vie.
Bowling was just average for me on Tuesday, but the team lost all points, so we will probably be about in the middle of the twelve teams when the standings are posted this Saturday. Guess you can't win 'em all, can you? We do have fun trying, though.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home