The Adventures of Anne: a semi-retired bookkeeper, mother of 4, grandmother of several, recently widowed

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Vacation time again--October 25, 2007

I didn't realize it had been so long since my last entry. Sorry about that. I will try to do better, now that I am at home for a spell.

Just returned from a two week vacation and visit with daughter and family in North Carolina and traveled with them to Myrtle Beach for a week. It was really a wonderful time. The weather was delightful. Even the rain didn't last long one afternoon. Trips to the beach and the pool were daily events and my walks on the beach were very relaxing. Son and family joined us from California for a few days. It was interesting seeing how the cousins reacted with one another and how well they got along. One five year old, two four year olds and an almost two year old played so nicely all week. Loved seeing how Kate danced to the music her parents brought to play on the CD player for her.

Vacations all must come to an end, all too soon. I flew home yesterday and was met by oldest daughter. We went out to dinner and they fed us so well, we have enough for another meal. Those bloomin onions are really spicey!!!!

The roof is nearly finished. Still have to put on the finishing touches and roof the front porch. NOw that they are nearly done, I have to note that the white trim will need to be painted as the next project. Always something to do in these over 100 year old homes.

I have put off calling another contractor while the roofers were in full swing, but I will be putting in a call to one to see about having the foundation mortar repaired. Some places it has really come loose and needs repointing.

You may think all I do is vacation. Is that so bad?? I have rather enjoyed being able to visit the children and their children at various times of the year. Looking forward to my next trip which will be over the holidays. Until then, I have LOTS to do here so I will get busy quickly.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

It's a good thing the grandchildren all have different birthdays for you to celebrate with them. I think you can even squeeze in Jake's after Kate's.

Glad you made it home safely and on time.

10/26/2007 05:13:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home