The Adventures of Anne: a semi-retired bookkeeper, mother of 4, grandmother of several, recently widowed

Monday, April 07, 2008

April 7, 2008 - Spring is almost here!!!!

Two months since my last blog. For shame!!

Just back from a lovely visit to NC and the grandchildren there. Ruth Anne and Dave took me to Myrtle Beach with them. Weather was not the nicest, but we managed to have a very nice, relaxing time. I arrived home last Thursday, my luggage on Friday.
Not too often has this happened to me, but there was no harm in the delay.

Lots of messages to take care of (19) on the phone. Nicki and Paul invited me to CA anytime I can make it. I am looking at some time in June, after the bowling season is over. Still have to get in a couple bridge sessions before the end of June, too.
One is coming up next week. Since some of the bridge players are also golfers, I must line them up before the golfing starts. They golf on Thursdays which are my days unencumbered with volunteer activities.

My new bed, mattress, etc. arrived in Feb. and I have been enjoying the most comfortable nights spent therein. When Peggy comes over the next time, I will post a picture of this acquisition. I love it.

Late night tonight watching basketball game. Lots of excitement. Game went to OT.
Kansas won. Tomorrow night the women have their final game. Stanford - Tennessee.

Sign off and go to bed, Anne. You have lots of work to do at the office tomorrow.
Ta ta for now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Nice post, Mom.

Welcome home.

Peggy :)

4/11/2008 09:40:00 AM

 
Blogger AnneGero said...

Glad to be here but I wish the weather would turn into Spring.
Did you finish your 1040?
Mom

4/12/2008 10:16:00 PM

 
Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Yup!! Done a day before they needed to be.

Take care, Mom!!

Peggy :)

4/17/2008 04:46:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home