The Adventures of Anne: a semi-retired bookkeeper, mother of 4, grandmother of several, recently widowed

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

What a wonderful day!! Many things to be thankful for, the main one being good health. Started the day off reading the Epistle at the 8 AM Mass. It was well attended, for not HAVING to attend!!! Home to a breakfast making toast on my new B & D toaster. (Old one went POOF!) Made the dressing for dinner and got the rest of my things together to take to Mary and Scott's for a 1 PM dinner. Three pies, which I made last night, stuffing, olives for Stefanie, and some fudge that I made especially for a treat for Mary. Three trips to the car and I was ready to travel to BD. Scott helped me unload. Did I tell you that we had our first snow yesterday? Only an inch here but it was enough to cause people to try to remember how to drive with the white stuff flying. During the night, the wet snow froze and my driveway was sheer ice. I walked as if I were on eggs!!!.
All Scott's family were there except Jeff's wife, Mary, who had to work at the hospital. Mary invited Peggy and me to join in the festivities. Lots of good food but I did not go back for seconds. I did make a plate to take home, however, which will taste mighty good tomorrow. The pies were well eaten, but I had some mincemeat pie left to bring home. I know a couple people who like that, so I will see that they get a piece so I won't eat it all.
We had the Packer game on MUTE during dinner and afterwards. They beat the Lions 37-26. Exciting for the Packers. They are now 10-1. Could they possibly continue this throughout the season???!!! What a nice thought!!
After a very nice visit and dinner with family and friends, I thought I wanted to get home before dark. I did, just. The sun goes down this time of year about 4:30 and that is when I arrived home safely.
It was another wonderful day, D.G. Something else to put on my list of Thank You to God.
Hope eveyone had such a pleasant day.
Bookie

1 Comments:

Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

Glad to have the update. Maybe we'll make it there one of these holidays.

11/23/2007 01:28:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home