The Adventures of Anne: a semi-retired bookkeeper, mother of 4, grandmother of several, recently widowed

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

May 4, 1929

Yes, that is the day Bob was born--80 years ago. We were fortunate to have met at a very young age and spent over 50 years together raising our family of four. Bob was one in a million and I was the lucky one to marry him. We did have a great life together even though there were ups and downs. We did weather them, fortunately, and came to be able to spend some of our "golden years" doing some of the things we had planned earlier in life. We were able to travel often to visit our children and grandchildren. I can remember his 77th birthday so well. Ruth Anne and I had shopped for groceries in Myrtle Beach. She wanted to get something for his birthday, so she selected a chocolate cake with chocolate icing (his favorite) and picked up two candles, both with the number 7 on them. She said she would be able to use them one day when the girls got that old. When Ruth Anne and David went out for the evening, I took a picture of Bob with his cake (more than half eaten, so I turned it around to look "new") lit the two 7's and got down low enough as to not show the cake so well eaten. Of course, there was chocolate ice cream to go with the cake, so Bob was in his glory. We had been on the beach that day and I took some pictures of him. How he loved the ocean. I walked the beach again last week and thought many thoughts of the man in my life. How I miss him!! He was a good man, wonderful husband and devoted father. Rest is peace, my love.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Awesome post, Mom.....I am a little slow in reading blogs these days.

I do believe that he was your soulmate.

Peggy :)

5/20/2009 10:56:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home