The Adventures of Anne: a semi-retired bookkeeper, mother of 4, grandmother of several, recently widowed

Friday, October 31, 2008

New car

Today I parted company with the 96 Olds and became the proud owner of an 04 Honda!!!!!
I only drove the Olds for 12 years, but it was a good car and gave us (Dad and I) good service all those years. I just hope the person who bought it has many miles of safe and happy driving. Tomorrow I will work on putting on the vanity plates which I transferred from the old car. Dad would be so happy to see all this happening.

Had a busy week, mostly doing volunteer work. Hospital Volunteers had their annual dinner on Monday night at the Capri. Well attended and a delicious meal. Short meeting, which I did not mind, and installation of new officers.

Tuesday was bowling night. We won 5 of 7 points and moved ahead of our opponents by doing so. One good game and two mediocre ones.

Wednesday was volunteer day at the Care Center. Fr. Bruce was not there to say Mass, so we had Rosary and Communion, which I had the privilege of leading. Fr. had to attend the funeral at O'Connor Center for one of the diocesan priests. RIP

Thursday is usual shopping day. After that my day was spent finishing up the project for Sugar Plum Fair (6 jewelry bags) and shortening 3 pair of trousers for a client of mine. Enjoyed the Graffe String Quartet concert in Watertown Thursday night with Marlo and Lois. (Part of the Community Concert Series--bonus concert in another city which honors our Beaver Dam membership)

Today was non-stop everything. Haircut, volunteer work at Hospital, travel to BD to transfer car ownerships, volunteer work at Care Center, and a dinner at the home of Donna, who took care of Dad when I needed to get out to bowling or bridge or lunch. Donna has been under the weather all summer, and I just learned about it on Monday night. I called to make arrangements, so I picked up fish dinner at Culver's and took it to her home. We had a great gabfest catching up. Usually we meet at the Capri, but since she is weak and uses as walker, I thought taking a meal to her would be best. It was. We both had a good time.

Now I am at it again. No comments on my last posting so I wonder if anyone is reading my posts. If not, I suppose it will just go down as another entry into my diary of life.

TTFN.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Wow, Mom!!

You made 2 posts in a couple weeks!!

I'm so impressed.

Glad you got the newer car from Mary and Scott. It's a good sound car and should give you many years of driving safety.

At least you don't have 217K miles on your car....I'm just too cheap to buy a new one.....just have to wait at least another year or so before I can buy one.

Sounds as if you're really keeping busy.

Thanks for the posts.

Peggy :)

11/10/2008 09:44:00 AM

 
Blogger Million Dollar Mary said...

i read it, mom....

love you lots,
mary

11/14/2008 11:25:00 PM

 
Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Only because I told you to...naananananananana....

*grin*

Peggy :)

11/14/2008 11:31:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home