The Adventures of Anne: a semi-retired bookkeeper, mother of 4, grandmother of several, recently widowed

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Back to the cold

It has been quite a while since I have written anything in my blog. Lots has happened since the last entry.
Christmas was just wonderful. Peggy and I attended Mass, then we came home and she made breakfast. A delicous omelet!!! Off to the movies to catch the early show. Saw "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" which was very good. Came back home to get dinner ready while Peggy took care of her animals. Steak dinner was super.
Day after Christmas, Mary, Scott, Stef, Jake, and Stef's friend Tom joined Peggy and I for a turkey dinner and gift opening. Aterwards, we played cards until time to retire. (The thing I like best about a turkey dinner is the leftovers!!!)
Lots of football games to watch during the ensuing weeks then I got ready for my trip to California to visit Paul, Nicki and Kate. That was great!! Kate has grown up so much in the last six months. She speaks much more clearly and has learned how to play a few games. Her "fishing rod" game helps her learn her lower case letter and she could even say the words they spelled!!!!. Her "Memory" game showed us both a thing or two about paying attention. Reminded me of the TV show "Concentration" Make a match and take the pair off the board. We played with 36 cards, and she amazed me with her powers of memory. Almost skunked me twice by the time I came home.
When we went to the airport, Kate said she did not want me to go home. "Stay, Grandma" is all she said. I told her that I would be back sometime later. I do hope that placated her.
Now I am back in the cold weather of Wisconsin. Fortunately I did not return to two feet of snow in my driveway. It had only snowed once or twice, in small amounts, while I was away. Weather is supposed to be more mild this weekend, so I am hoping to get my new car washed. I need to remove the salt stains.
Back to work tomorrow. Mary is certainly glad I came back. Let's see how much I can accomplish in a day at the office.
More later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Welcome back to WI, Mom. Glad you're back.

Seems like you have such good times when you venture to visit the grandkids on either coast. I think it is a great that you can do that. :=)

Glad you got your new coat....I hope that since you bought it, winter won't quickly be over (although since I bought the snow thrower, I don't think we have had much snow to shovel....which is good).

Take care and thanks for the newsie update.

Love,
Peggy :)

2/02/2009 05:46:00 PM

 
Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

And don't forget to wash your car during a draught so we can get some rain...

2/04/2009 09:35:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home