The Adventures of Anne: a semi-retired bookkeeper, mother of 4, grandmother of several, recently widowed

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Tomorrow is a day set aside by US residents to give thanks to the Almighty for all his graces and blessings. He certainly has given us much for which we must thank Him.
I just returned from the Ecumenical Service at Faith L. C. which consisted of a Vesper Service and many thanks were sung about, rung (bell choir) and read about. Sandy participated in robes as did Fr. Bruce and Pastor Bob. Well attended and we were requested to bring food for the Pantry. I was amazed at the quantity of food that was donated. Money donations were assigned to the Ecumenical Ministry of Columbus and Fall River. All the plates looked full of bills, not just ones.!! It was a real pouring out of gratitude for all we have and can share with those less fortunate.

I plan to be with Mary and family for dinner, after I attend Mass and bake pies and casserole for the dinner. I certainly am looking forward to a wonderful family gathering. Let's hope my pie baking is still in good form.

The "new" car is a pleasure to drive. Today something happened and I don't know what I did, but the alarm went off as I exited the vehicle. I looked at the car, then looked at the keypad and finally locked the doors. That stopped the alarm. All I had to do was hit the panic button again. I'll learn more about this car every day.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day, everyone. It is great to be alive.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt said...

Happy Turkey Day - Mom....

As to the car....did it come with instructions?

What did you always say, "if all fails read the directions?"

Love ya!!

Peggy :)

11/28/2008 09:40:00 AM

 
Blogger AnneGero said...

Yes, the car came with instructions, but until I come upon something new, I do not read the book. I have read how to do lots of things in my lifetime, and I will probably learn many more before I leave this world.
Glad we could spend such a fun evening yesterday.
Mom

11/28/2008 10:18:00 PM

 
Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

Merry Christmas, Mom! Thanks for all the wonder-filled Christmases you and Dad gave me as a child. Most importantly, thank you for giving me a faith that is the Reason for the season.

12/24/2008 08:05:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home